Before First Ride Checklist
- Tire pressure: The tires on your City Robin have a max pressure of 65 PSI, but it’s usually best to fill the tires to slightly less than that. 55 to 60 PSI is just fine.
- Quick Releases: Before every ride, you want to make sure your quick releases are tightly locked. Quick releases can be found on:
- Your fork
- Your seat Each quick release should be tight enough that it takes a bit of force to get them open again.
- Lights: This is mostly important when riding at night. Check that your front and rear lights come on. You can turn them on and off by holding the “+” button for 3 seconds. On the City Robin X, you will also want to also make sure your brake light illuminates when you press the brake levers.
Your bike has a launch control setting. This determines how quickly your bike will go off the line. To access this setting, follow these instructions:
- First, go into the settings menu by double-clicking the power button on your display.
- Next, scroll down to the Advanced settings using the “-” button. Once you’ve found it, click the power button to enter the menu.
- The Advanced settings menu requires you to enter a password. This password is different from any other password you might have set on the bike. This is to ensure that younger riders can still unlock their bike without being able to access this menu.
- The password is 1801. Use the “+” and “-” buttons to scroll through the numbers and press the power button to enter each digit.
- Once you are in the Advanced settings menu, scroll down until you see the option labeled “Start Speed”.
- Press the power button to enter that sub-option. You can choose between 1, 2, and 3 with 1 being the gentlest start and 3 being the most aggressive. Try each of the options to find which is best for your riding style.
- After you have selected the appropriate option, press the power button to lock it in, and scroll down to “Exit” to leave the Advanced settings menu.
- Finally, scroll down to “Exit” on the main settings menu to return to the main screen.
Setting eBike Class
Your City Robin has the ability to change to all 3 e-bike classes.
- Helmets: It's important that you always wear a helmet when riding and make sure it fits properly and is buckled. Some Helmets even have reflective technology to keep you visible when riding at night. Remember, there’s nothing more important than safety when riding.
- Rules of the road: Obey all traffic laws and be aware of your surroundings.
- Hand signals: Use hand signals to let other drivers know what you're doing.
- Mirror: Use a mirror to check your blind spot before changing lanes or making turns.
- Right side of road: Ride on the right side of the road, unless you're passing someone.
- Check local laws: Be sure to check your local laws and regulations before riding your e-bike.
- Tire pressure
- Quick releases
- Launch control
- eBike class
- Safety gear
- Local laws