Step-by-Step Crank Removal Tutorial
Although it's rare to need a crank swap, this guide will walk you through the process in case it's necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Crank puller
- Allen wrench
- Torque wrench (optional, but recommended)
Step 1: Remove the Old Crank
- Remove the chain from the crank by resting it on the rear cassette (no need to remove it from the bike completely).
- Using an Allen wrench, remove the center bolt of the crank. Apply force as needed to loosen the bolt.
- Screw the crank puller tightly into the crank arm.
- Tighten the crank puller's center screw to push the crank off the spindle slowly. Use steady force as it may require significant pressure.
- Once the crank pops off the spindle, remove the crank puller.
Step 2: Replace the Crank
- Apply grease to the outer part of the spindle, avoiding the inner section as the crank will push the grease inward.
- Slide the new crank onto the spindle, ensuring the crank arm points in the opposite direction of the other crank arm.
- Place the previously removed bolt back on the spindle and tighten it. The crank will move back down the spindle, and this process may take some time and force. A torque wrench is recommended for best results.
- After fully tightening the crank, replace the chain.
With these steps, you've successfully swapped the crank on your Euphree Electric Bike. Enjoy your smooth and comfortable ride!