Stem Adjustment Guide: Height, Position, & Angle
- Use an Allen wrench to loosen the two bolts that hold the stem on the fork.
- Remove the stem cap on top of the stem using a flathead screwdriver or butterknife.
- Tighten the Allen bolt inside the hole with a long Allen wrench until there is no wobble between the headset tube and the fork, but it can still turn properly.
- Stand in front of the bike and use your feet to hold the front wheel in place.
- Grab the handlebars and twist the stem so that it is in line with the front wheel, ensuring your handlebars are straight while riding.
- Use an Allen wrench to tighten the two bolts on the stem, securing it in place.
- Loosen the bolt on the right-hand side of the stem using an Allen wrench. The left-hand side bolt is locked in place and does not need to be loosened.
- Sit on your bike and pull the handlebars toward you to find your preferred riding position. Ensure a slight bend in your arms for a more comfortable upright riding style.
- Take note of the angle using the gauge printed on the stem and tighten the bolt back up once the desired angle is set.
- Check for play in the stem arm. A small amount is acceptable, but excessive movement should be avoided.
Handlebar Position Adjustment (if needed)
- Loosen the four bolts on the front of the stem plate using an Allen wrench.
- Twist the handlebars into the correct position.
- Tighten the bolts back up to secure the handlebars in place.
With these adjustments, you've tailored your Euphree City Robin electric bike to your unique riding style and preferences. Enjoy your ride!